Play with
other players on
mineheroes.net

Update 3.2.2 | General Updates + Upcoming Factions Reset

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wazez, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wazez

Wazez Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey guys, just a quick post to inform you on upcoming events and game updates.

Votes Reset
    All vote totals have been reset for the new month.

Upcoming Factions and OPFactions Reset
    The rumors are true, Factions and OPFactions will be resetting. The reset date is now scheduled to commence on Friday, March 10, 2017 at 5PM EST (countdown)

There's lots of changes, builds and new features that will be outlined in the reset post when we are ready for testing which is hopefully this weekend. Some of the biggest changes include the beginning of Factions 2 (a second factions server) and the introduction to server themes. The faction servers will be renamed to Factions Zeus (previously OPFactions), Factions Mars (previously Factions1) and Factions Apollo (Factions2).

[​IMG]

The new maps will also feature more competition through F TOP and IRL cash prizes for the top factions. The admins and staff have paid great attention to community suggestions this time and focused on important changes to the economy and rewards for crates, lms, koth etc. We will hold an EOTW event for MineHeroes Factions a few days before the reset. Stay tuned for the reset post.

PvP Season 2
    The PvP v2 BETA has been live for a little more than 2 weeks now, but due to the focus on the Factions reset we haven't had the chance to wrap up the new PVP server and prepare for the new competitive season. We do not have an ETA but we will try and get the new season launched as soon as possible.

UHC v2.0

This has been in the works for a while now and progress is coming along. We do not have an ETA on when UHC 2.0 will be released but we want to assure everyone that the game will be returning, and hopefully sometime during March.

UHC v2 will have 2 approaches. The first is an automated version, similar to that of Survival Games, where every 12 hours, the network will receive a broadcast to join UHC and play a speed version of the game with a maximum of 50 players. The 2nd version is our traditional UHC held every Saturday, this time Mods will be able to host large UHC games for the server. We will introduce new UHC prizes and statistics tracking for monthly competitions.

Changes and Bug Fixes
    Change-log entries are in date order from oldest to newest [14-FEB-2017 - 28-FEB-2017]:
    • 14-FEB-2017
      • [PvP] Blocked opening containers
      • [Global] Mod+ has been renamed to Sr. Mod
    • 17-FEB-2017
      • [Factions] Fixed players being able to use 1.8 fence gates in enemy land
    • 18-FEB-2017
      • [SkyBlock3] Fixed issue with players not receiving 1.25 multipliers on Skyblock3 through platinum crates
      • [Teamspeak] Updated to look and function a lot better courtesy of @Napkinz
    • 19-FEB-2017
      • [Creative] Fixed server crashing from worldedit
    • 20-FEB-2017
      • [Store] Fixed players receiving Skyblock1 multiplier when buying multiplier for Skyblock2
    • 24-FEB-2017
      • [Global] Valentines hub and valentine crate keys removed
      • [Creative] Fixed missing vip spawn plot
      • [Survival] Small tweaks were made to the /shop to improve the economy.
      • [Global] Removed the outdated motd and /server lore messages about the reset info
    • 26-FEB-2017
      • [Global] Auction house enabled and issues fixed. Items now appear in /ah from newest to oldest. Click lag and glitching fixes. Losing items on name change also fixed.
    • 27-FEB-2017
      • [Rules] Squake mod disallowed. An issue arose recently with this. It basically allows users to bhop without it being a "hacked client", as it's a Mod. The bunnyhop element does work on MH though.
      • [Creative] Fixed exploit that allowed people to glitch out of warp pvp in /gmsp
    • 28-FEB-2017
      • [Global] Possible fix to the recent crashing of Factions, Survival, OPFactions and data loss applied to the servers. Servers should no longer crash randomly anymore.

• GG GG x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. StealYourPets

StealYourPets Recruit

First. OMG. xD
    Nice updates Waz, Wazez, Ke***. ❤️

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Warrior
    Ultimate

Where have the gkits been ay wazez ol mate ur slacking! @lso u bogan hows bout you get a bloody au proxy for the server u abo.

I guess this isnt a noice one GARRYYYY!

p.s unban steeler

4. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Legend

Always nice to see these update posts! Can't wait for factions, honestly you guys have no idea!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Gabefire9

Gabefire9 Helper
    Staff Member Helper Ultimate

Greek Gods. That's a new one.
    It'd be nice to see something new (and different), though. :p

• Savage Savage x 1
  6. SirKonca

SirKonca Recruit

Awesome. How much time does a reset usually take?

7. JNicolaiP

JNicolaiP Soldier
    Legend

I love greek mythology <3

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. TheIceGuy_

TheIceGuy_ Royal Guard
    Legend

WHERE'S KITPVP?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. StealYourPets

StealYourPets Recruit

Oh my god. I didn't see a server presents IRL money prizes in my life yet. They have BuyCraft Vouchers only. [​IMG]

I'm excited to see exclusive UHC event prizes on the MineHeroes Network. [​IMG]

I've seen those new updates on the TeamSpeak, but I didn't know that Liz which did those things. It's nice idea tbh. 10/10

*I see that MineHeroes Network got amazing/exclusive ideas in this announcement.
    *I've hated to read the new announcements, because they don't have new ideas. But now, I'm so excited for the next announcement. I feel it will has exclusive ideas more than these.
    *Wazez, you're doing a good job at the moment. I've loved your new/exclusive ideas. Good luck. ❤️

• GG GG x 1
  10. Grasnfyre

Grasnfyre Royal Guard
    Ultimate

first time i've seen so many creative updates in the logs

• GG GG x 1
  11. pkl

pkl Warrior
    Ultimate

So how much is the PayPal prize?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Moderator

A lot more than you would expect. You can make guesses but you will know the exact number on the next update post.;)

#12 PotDropAndRole, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  13. xiWilliamGamer

xiWilliamGamer Royal Guard
    Ultimate

What rumours? It was suggestion. Your player base isn't big enough to have another factions server. OPFactions is dead, only few factions play it...

• Savage Savage x 1
  14. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Moderator

Look what happened at the start of this map with minimal to no advertising? Max 300/300. The server could simply not handle 400 players on one factions server. This is why we've expanded to two. Now with lots of advertising and "hype" as we say we hope old players will come back and new players will join and make both servers 300/300. (And opfactions to if possible).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Pugger

Pugger Recruit

Seems sweet Might have to join in on factions now ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Darkstar2508

Darkstar2508 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great updates, looking forward to the next ones.

17. Startles

Startles Civilian
    Titan

When does the cracked update come?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Soodi

Soodi Warrior
    Ultimate

Nice updates wazez and the staff team :D <3

19. KyleTheHacker

KyleTheHacker Warrior
    Hero

Woah, didn't we JUST reset factions at the beginning of the year?

20. PotDropAndRole

PotDropAndRole Moderator

The economy was broken and it was getting stale. Fall grinders were so OP not even the most efficient collection system could keep up. This caused lots of lag as some grinders could cause 150k+ entities to be sitting on top of hoppers. The fact that ig's were worthless and sheep spawners were the best spawner was a problem to start with. They made so much money I could ask someone for a million dollars and people would pay it to me, no biggie. Look at /Baltop, no one should have that kind of money this fast. Those are just a couple reasons why we're resetting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.